This is the first time you are looking for this type of mattress and you are worried about should you buy a spring mattress? Take a look at this article, it will advise you whether a spring mattress is the right choice for you or not.
1. Structure Of The Spring Mattress
Before buying a spring mattress, we need to understand its structure. Depending on the manufacturer, the spring mattress has different styles and structures. However, they usually include the following components:
Spring mattress’ frame
The spring mattress may have different heights. Nevertheless, to achieve the best elasticity and softness, the height of the spring mattress should be 17cm. And this is also the standard of spring mattresses all over the world. At this height, it achieves the best elasticity does not affect the health of people when lying down.
It usually uses high-class rubber mattresses. The buffer layer helps to maintain the mattress flatness and softness. It makes people sleep better, and do not feel the spring underneath them anymore.
Layer of fabric
This layer creates the exterior of the mattress. Most high-end mattresses layers are quilted to create attractive beauty. On the other hand, it helps to increase the quietness when lying down.
2. Advantages and Disadvantages Of The Spring Mattress
Each type of mattress has its own advantages and disadvantages because it is manufactured to serve different customers. Let’s find out if we should use spring cushions?
Outstanding advantages of a spring mattress.
- Surprising Elasticity: The mattresses are manufactured using modern technology and have a dense density of springs that are arranged logically. It helps the mattress to have a superior elasticity over other types of the mattress but still keep the smoothness and prevent unwanted movement when someone lies atop the mattress.
- Creating superior comfort: Thanks to the gentle movements of each spring, spring mattress always creates a feeling of comfort and relaxation.
- Enhancing blood circulation: Spring frames are covered by outer foam, and the spring density is quite uniformly distributed with moderate hardness. So it not only helps the body relax but also play an important role in increasing blood circulation.
- Luxurious and sophisticated design: The spring mattress is made from high-quality, smooth and beautiful fabric. So it is selected by many users to both support sleep and decorate the bedroom space beautifully and harmoniously.
Disadvantages of a spring mattress
Besides the outstanding advantages, spring cushion also has some disadvantages such as:
- The mattress is quite large and quite heavy, it makes transportation cleaning and maintenance difficult.
- The mattress causes creaking noises when turning around sometimes.
- The price is higher than that of the pressed cotton mattress.
- The spring mattress’ lifespan is not as long as rubber mattress
3. The People Who Should Not Use A Spring Mattress
Actually this is a problem many people take into consideration when choosing mattresses. With the soft characteristics and high settlement, the spring mattress is not suitable for all people. Let’s see who should not use spring mattress.
Firstly, people with spinal problems should not use spring mattress. Spring mattress does not help their spine to be in the right position when sleeping so it will increase the pain.
The second one is the elderly. Because, human bones and joints will gradually deteriorate over time, so the mattress for the elderly must ensure their spine is in the right position when sleeping.
Thirdly, the spring mattress is also not good for the spine of children who are under 10 years old. Surely every parent wants their children to grow up healthy and tall. If you want to buy a spring mattress for young children, it must be designed specifically to fit their body. They should not share mattress with adults.
As analyzed above, if you are a young person, spring mattress is a suitable choice. I hope you will have the best spring mattress that helps you to relax after hard working hours and wake up full energy for the new day.
Thank you for reading!